Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eyes that Pierce

Have you ever been to a revival and it seems like every time the speaker is making a strong point he is staring directly at you. Ya, that was me the past few days.  It definitely is convicting I will say.  I did move to the other side of the auditorium the last night just to see if he could find me sitting behind Tanner.  He did find me but I did see that he gave Tanner a few good stares which made me feel better.  But in all seriousness, I think God was using him to get my attention.  The last night he was driving home the point of not fitting in with the world. How can men who claim to follow Christ fit in so well with lost men and people not see much of a difference in their lives. We should be striving to be better husbands, better fathers, better men.  Our churches, now more then ever, need men who stand out and proclaim Jesus. The speaker was many years my senior but I feel sorry for the man that threatens the safety of his family or takes the Lord's name in vain in his presence.  I have a lot of Book knowledge of God's strength, power, protection, and love, but how quickly can I forget these truths when faced with an opportunity to stand out. God help me to be a man and take a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment